My blog friend Kristin gave me an award! The rules are to tell the world 5 things about myself. Things that I like to do. Then I have to give the Award on to 10 more people who have a great blog (unfortunately, I doubt that any of the people whose blogs I read would do this for me, but I'll still list them...)
OK, so 5 things about me:
1. I love to cook, but I hate eggs. Have you ever read "Bread & Jam for Frances"? When she sings the songs about how gross eggs are I TOTALLY agree with her. This makes it tough to read the book to my 3 picky eaters and say things like "she should try them- I'm sure she'd like them!"
2. My Daddy is my hero. He is probably the most awesome guy I'll ever meet. Even with his many flaws (he's human after all) the good things make him my hero. Like today, when I'm making my lunch and he's sitting at the kitchen table with my son, patiently explaining the parts of the 1955 Ford Thunderbird model (a gift from Kitty- THANKS Kitty!). "You see, that's called a bumperette, and it was for in case you had an accident and...." "what's that? That's the shift. The car has four gears plus reverse." I'm in awe of the way that he explains things to my son, and how they "build" things together. Everyone should have a Grandpa Bruce!
3. My biggest dream vacation is to take my family to Sicily, and see the town that my grandparents came from.
4. If given the option, I'd do nothing but crafts all day long. Right now I can't stop thinking about Christmas gifts and what I should be making.
5. I have an irrational fear of death. I'm paranoid that I'll get cancer, or in a car accident. Seriously irrational amounts of fear. Basically, being a single mom means that I'm always worried about what would happen to my kids if something bad happens to me, and I'm totally and completly irrational about the things that I worry about.
Here's a list of my "Top 10" reads: (see the sidebar for the links)
Rainy Day Kisses
Crazy Mom Quilts
Tallgrass Prairie Studio
PS I quilt
Let me know if you have any favorite blogs I'm missing out on!
7up Biscuits Skillet Style Recipe
2 hours ago