Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Year!

OK, the month is practically half over and I'm just now getting around to my new year post. Sad! So far in 2009, being a single mom is kicking my butt. I've tried to be as upbeat as possible, but I have to say that the past couple weeks, I'm just failing miserably. Today was the 3rd time since Christmas that the girls almost missed the bus. I've been late to work nearly every day since Christmas break... and the list goes on. Forgotten things, general unrest. My goal is to get my life in order by the end of January. I've made some progress this weekend, and I'm planning on working for 1 hour a day to get ORGANIZED. Later this week I'll be sure to post the photos, but this is what I made for Christmas projects this year:

For the dance teachers - pendants
For Miss Wendy at the dance studio - earrings
For the teachers at school- 2 crochet scarves and 2 tote bags
For my sister in law- a crochet scarf and matching cup cozy
For my niece and nephew- matching pj's
For my other niece- a crocheted sweater, a sewn skirt and some store bought tights
For my nephew- a mailman bag
For my own kids - matching pj's

It was a lot of fun making all those goodies, and I'm looking forward to making lots more! I've decided that I'm going to spend one hour a day on my own projects, just selfish "me" time. For January it's all about organizing. Then for the rest of the year, I'm all about the crafting! Especially sewing in my kick butt sewing room- after just one hour this weekend, I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, and I can picture how great it's going to be to have the huge sewing table cleared off and filled with actual sewing instead of boxes of junk. There's still 19 days in January- that's 19 HOURS of organizing. My house should be perfect after that!

Hope you are having a great day!

1 comment:

Kristin Reinhard said...

Happy New Year to you Christine. Your organizing plan sounds perfect, might have to join you on that one.